I am supposed to be doing homework, but my homework is actually directly causing me to become distracted with daydreaming. I am reading my literature assignment for the weekend, which includes poetry by Samuel Taylor Coleridge. I love his poetry, but it really brings out the Romantic in me and sends me off longing to be outdoors.
Methinks, it should have been impossible
Not to love all things in a world so fill'd;
Where the breeze warbles, and the mute still air
Is Music slumbering on her instrument.
-Samuel Taylor Coleridge "The Eolian Harp"
And in far other scenes! For I was reared
In the great city, pent 'mid cloisters dim,
And saw nought lovely but the sky and stars.
But thou , my babe! shalt wander like a breeze
By lakes and sandy shores, beneath the crags
Of ancient mountain, and beneath the clouds,
Which image in their bulk both lakes and shores
And mountain crags: so shalt thou see and hear
The lovely shapes and sounds intelligible
Of that eternal language, which thy God
Utters, who from eternity doth teach
Himself in all, and all things in himself.
-Coleridge again "Frost At Midnight"
Ay me!
____________
So I wanna live in a wooden house
I wanna live life always be true
I wanna live life and be good to you
I wanna fly and never come down
And live my life
And have friends around
We never change do we
-Coldplay "We Never Change"
Saturday, June 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment