I have been terribly blessed as of late. This past little while, I have had a rather rough go of it, but I have also been the constant beneficiary of the kindness of a few different individuals, some of them strangers (but this in not in any way a “Streetcar Named Desire” type of thing ha!). The girl with the broken toe, for example, who demonstrated immense care and kindness when I slept through church and searched campus for nearly an hour for a ward that had yet to partake of the sacrament despite her obvious physical discomfort. I can think of one other person in particular who has bestowed upon me an uncommon (and undeserved) amount of kindness. There are many who have improved my life considerably.
It just baffles me how genuine people can be sometimes, especially in such a situation as my own. I know it is difficult to reach out to others while leading the busy life of a college student. Yet there are those who are willing to look beyond themselves. I am extremely grateful for them, particularly recently. We are all in need of aide from time to time.
Today was a particularly stressful day for me. I have never been so unprepared for anything in my life as I was for the start of this new term. I decided this past Saturday to switch out a difficult class in order to prevent certain burnout, and replacing those credits has been an absolute nightmare. I was, however, able to attain support from a few surprising sources, and the occurrence has blown away. Picture me on a very windy day, being blown into a pool of water by an uncommonly strong wind. It is just like that. Today stunk, but today was great.
http://www.online-literature.com/donne/409/
(Read. It is wonderful.)
___________________
The storm is coming but i don't mind.
People are dying, i close my blinds.
All that i know is i'm breathing now.
I want to change the world...instead i sleep.
I want to believe in more than you and me.
All that i know is i'm breathing.
All i can do is keep breathing.
All we can do is keep breathing now.
All we can do is keep breathing now.
-Ingrid Michaelson "Keep Breathing"
Monday, June 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Hey you! Sorry its been a while since I posted that comment :) you can click on my name on this comment and then it takes you to my profile. Then you'd scroll down and see the 'The Benson Household' link. And voila! :)
Post a Comment