Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Some Days, I Truly Prefer Blue

So much depends upon the relentless, golden passion
Presented by the sun with a simultaneous indifference.
So much depends upon a fiery verdict
Formed long ago and ever since ignored.
So much depends upon the presence of oppressive fumes
Which desecrate both breath and abdomen.
But then so much also depends upon the friendship of silver cotton ball clouds
Calling down as they drift lazily over midnight blue skies.
So much depends on the friendship of… well, you.

So much depends upon a few minute drops of translucent ultramarine,
Falling gracefully down to grant a short reprieve.
So much depends upon the arrival of that “perfect moment”,
That elusive, periwinkle moment in which anything seems natural to say.
So much depends upon the vibrations of a phone
The recently appointed a brilliant sapphire implement of preservation.
Once again, so much depends upon beads of cool, cobalt liquid sympathy
Scratching my back at the close of a weary day.
So much depends upon... well, you.

And me.


(Note: It will not let me put it in the desired visual format, but what is one to do?)
__________________
Went out on a limb
Gone too far
Broke down at the side of the road
Stranded at the outskirts and the sun's creepin' up

Baby's in the backseat
Still fast asleep
Dreamin' of better days
I don't want to call you but you're all I have to turn to

What do you say
When it's all gone away?
Baby I didn't mean to hurt you
Truth spoke in whispers will tear you apart
No matter how hard you resist it
It never rains when you want it to

You humble me Lord
-Norah Jones "Humble Me"

1 comment:

Amber said...

*thought* I like how so many times we choose to be so independent -but in reality - a tiny part of me - is recluntant to admit - so much depends on "you"...

thanks for putting into words how I have been feeling.