Thursday, July 3, 2008

Or the back of Smoky the forest fire bear's head; I am really not sure which...

This morning I woke up, and felt a bit tired at first. It did not take long, however, for that feeling to wear off, and now I am feeling good. I realize that I just committed cardinal sin #1 in the grammar world, but I do it intentionally. I do not necessarily feel 100% as far as my physical health goes, but I am feeling great otherwise. I do not necessarily feel extremely well, but I do feel good.

On my way to my 7am shift this morning, I witnessed the beginning of some sort of hot air balloon event. I'm not sure as to the exact details, but at the commencement of my walk to campus, there were three in the air. One was decorated with stars and stripes, and the second with bright colors. The third looked like either an acorn or the back of Smoky the forest fire bear's head; I am really not sure which it was. By the time I reluctantly entered the library to begin my shift (after joyfully realizing I had forgotten something important at home and turning back once before making the full journey), there were fourteen balloons in the air! The sun was not far along its crawl up the sky at this time of morning, so it reflected nicely off of the bottom of each balloon, amplifying each balloon's uniquely bold color pattern. It was a spectacular vision; truly a sight to behold. I could not seem to peel my eyes off of them, in fact. If any person or object had been in my path, there certainly would have been a collision. It pained me to have to go bide my time on a subterranean level indoors for the next stretch of time. To my delight, I have been informed that this event usually lasts three days. With any luck, I shall enjoy the same spectacle tomorrow.


These are not the balloons I saw, but they are still very cool.
PS: I LOVE the 4th of July!!!!

_________________
Take a look its on display - for you
Coming down no not today

Fly away on my Zephyr
I feel it more then ever
And in this perfect weather
We'll find a place together
Fly on my wing

-Red Hot Chili Peppers "The Zephyr Song"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good song

anyway! that's awesome about the hot air balloons :) i'll have to wake up early to see that!

Amber said...

wow! that would be soo neat to see!