Friday, June 26, 2009

Why Life Would SUCK If Things Were Perfect

Why Life Would SUCK If Things Were Perfect: A poem that is just as perfect as life would be if only...

If life were perfect,
I could speak my mind at any time, with any one, about any thing - no fear of repercussions.
I could act happy when I feel happy,
sad when all things turn to gray.

I would never wake up in the middle of the night to cough or to wonder or to think of ways to keep the water from dripping or to listen to the clock ticking at a maddeningly consistent rate.
I would not wake up in the middle of the night at all.
Best of all, I wouldn't be accused of keeping myself awake or waking up willfully.

I would always know the truth of the matter;
I would have no reason to question motives, sincerity, or... reality.
Because reality would be reality, not the hopeful or frightened imaginings of the ignorant mind.

I wouldn't have to worry about stretch marks or any number of absurd things that could happen that would make me any less desirable somehow.

I would be free to make my own decisions and formulate my own preferred plans of action without someone else telling me what precisely it is that I want.
I wouldn't have to feel like a criminal every time I turn a corner in my pursuit.

Education wouldn't cost me my soul for the next thirty years or so.

Parents would not fight.
Countries would not fight.
Nobody would fight.
Everyone would simply seek to understand, seek to coexist.

Finally, if life were perfect, I could make everyone happy all at once.

But then I guess it just wouldn't be life, now would it?

____

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it, why don't ya?

Racing on a faultline
Bracing for a landslide
Conscious of everything getting harder
As the race goes underwater
-"Stall Out" by Mute Math

No comments: