-kept from overloading myself with classes for the first time
-spent a few days teaching college classes
-graded papers (:-/ ay! not exactly as much fun as one might hope for)
-walked in the rain
-tripped into the gutter in the rain and ripped my pants
-bought new pants
-admired the clouds
-experienced clouds of dry paint


-indulged in my love for the Hindu culture
-learned more about all major world religions
-bought the Dammaphada
-bought the Bhagavad Gita
-talked with my mom on the phone for hours upon hours
-experienced burnout
-wrote through the burnout
-didn't write due to burnout
-wrote through the burnout again
-shot moving targets for the first time

-learned what true commitment feels like
-learned what actual heartbreak feels like
-learned the importance of good friends in hard times
-was delighted when my parents, aunts, uncles, and grandfather joined facebook!
-realized how funny my father is
-benefited from the compassion of amazing friends and caring family in a hard time
-had a blast dancing Cuban salsa in a performance
-

-wrote
-learned how to dance Polynesian with my roommate at 8am every saturday with my roommate and LOVED every moment of it
-walked around the Wilkinson Center at BYU half naked... and was ENCOURAGED to do so

-spent hours making my hair curly two days in a row for the Lu'au performance
-was complimented on my curly hair, but remained resistant to ever doing it again unless kairos dictates
-missed modern dance.... terribly
-cried over missing modern dance once
-partially overcame my resistance to allowing other people see me cry... by force
-learned about... everything. It wasn't enough. I want more.
-met some amazing people
-witnessed a transformation
-went snowshoeing- loved it

-wrote
-finished my article for the Pre-law Review Journal
-discussed the insanity defense with a variety of people
-gave a presentation detailing parallels between Seneca and Buddhism
-pondered the rhetoric of freedom
-learned and theorizes the rhetoric of identity
-had the best month-ish of my life with one of the most remarkable people I have ever known
-developed a deeper sense of compassion
-paid for a pen for a girl with Down's Syndrome because she didn't know how to do it herself
-she was entirely to apologetic... I worry that she is not treated with the love and patience she deserves
-went home to Vegas for one day
-went home to Vegas for a weekend
-danced with my dad
-realized what a great dancer my dad is
-dentist. novocaine. enough said.
-learned from and about my mother
-wrote
-benefited from the kindness of strangers and non-strangers alike... constantly
-acted like a jerk
-apologized for acting like a jerk
-missed my family
-begged my sister to come visit... no good
-missed my dog
-reconnected with old friends
-got a housing in contract in Provo so that I could still live with one of the best roommates and friends I have ever had, even though I do not yet have a summer job in Provo
-sought summer employment- no results yet
-loved. perhaps too much.
-persevered
-cried more in one semester than every other time I've cried in my life... put together
-STILL wound up more overloaded than I have ever been in my entire life
-went to way too many dollar movies
-went to my first live baseball game
-went to my first college volleyball game
-went to my first college basketball game
-admitted to not having been to any sporting events thus far in my college career. yes, I am a senior.
-began to love live sports
-won front row tickets to a volleyball game limboing while sick on behalf of a "friend"
-was bailed on by a "friend" and had to find other people to use the front row tickets won in a limbo contest
-was bailed on by my brother
-persisted to ask my brother to hang out, even though he always bailed
-worried after a brother who had both mono and tonsillitis
-successfully performed a clandestine mission to sneak my brother out of the boys-only part of an all boys dormitory so he could come watch the last session of General Conference
-learned from the shining examples of people far better than I am
-worried about someone for whom I passionately cared who has a scary illness
-learned to love life no matter what
-learned more about the CIA
-men... we won't go there. If you know me... it's the same story as usual- only different settings, different players, and different obstacles.

Naturally, too much happened for me to even begin to recount. This has been an amazing semester.
I just wish it would be over already. I'm sick of finals!!! ;-)



3 comments:
wait --- how did you get him out of the dorms??/ did he come willingly??
hey -- i'm coming up next week -- SHEESH -- okay okay - so not exactly to see you -- but I will be stopping by on my way home... Thursday -- MARK YOUR CALENDAR!!!
I like that you wrote... alot. :)
Hey- could've written more. Just saying. I had to will myself to stop.
What if I'm in Vegas when you come?! Ay me!!!
haha
You never come JUST to visit me. :( This summer you should. Tu me manque toujours.
Just revised this sucker... it's better now in a few places. I wrote this rapidly yesterday.
Post a Comment