Dogs are very funny creatures. This is my Blondie:


She is smart, social, and attentive. She keeps me company
when Geoff is out of the house. She loves to explore, bark, and follow people around the house. This anecdote is not about her.
Introducing her cousin and best friend, my sister's dog, Trixie.

Trixie is very brave (unless there is a vacuum around). She will jump up on pretty much anything she can manage to get on, and she can jump surprisingly high. Here is a picture of her on the automan. I have personally seen her achieve more impressive feats, but this is the best picture I have.

Today, she was on the couch with my mom. She suddenly noticed her Froggie sitting on top of a couple of boxes next to the couch. She remembered that she loves that Froggie (along with all of her other hundreds of toys)! She wanted to play with Froggie! But for whatever reason, she was scared of the two boxes Froggie was sitting on. So she spent the next five minutes leaning as far over the edge of the couch as she could, whining and trying to get us to fetch Froggie down for her. She jumped from the couch to the floor and back a few times, but she could not bring herself to jump onto the boxes. We tried to coax her onto the boxes, but she was too scared.

Eventually, she was distracted and forgot all about her Froggie.
:)



2 comments:
That's hilarious!! Pets are such funny creatures for sure!! :) But I think life would be lonely.. even though I have a cat and I never thought I would ever have one.. Blondie is a gorgeous dog! And Trixie... adorable :)
Thanks! Especiallly Blondie though, right? ;-) My life would suck without Blondie. Wish we had more time to devote to her. :-/
You should come visit us and meet her!!!
Post a Comment