The other day, I was musing over how sporadic her sleep schedule was and I despondently thought to myself, "Well now she is eternally asleep." But then I caught myself. No, she is not eternally asleep. She is eternally awake. I don't believe she is eternally dead. She is eternally alive. It makes me smile just to think of it. :)
Sunday, April 18, 2010
Was blind but now I see...
My dog passed away last week after a rather agonizing few days of illness. It was one of the hardest experiences I have ever had. At the risk of sounding wimpy, I still have to hold back tears when I think of it. My dog has pretty much been my best friend since fifth grade and I never truly realized that one day she would no longer be there when I come home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear about Star. She was such a sweet girl. I really like your thought though about how she is eternally awake. I truly believe we'll see our pets again someday. I hope that Star has found my dog Sadie and they're having so much fun playing together!
Aww Kim.. I'm so sorry to hear about Star.. I have such fond memories about Star and our times at your house! And what an amazing way to think about this sad time.. She is eternally alive and I bet that that helps you a lot!
Thanks guys. :) Kristen- that is a very fun idea. I hope so too.
Post a Comment