Sunday, August 30, 2009

I Am the Luckiest



To My Best Friend:

I've just come back up to Utah to finish up my degree, and I am severely lacking without your company. Everyone wants to know all about you, and I figured there would be no harm in giving them a bit of an idea. I hope you don't mind.

You have a good mind. From what both you and your mom have told me, you have always been a bit of a smarty-pants. I love talking politics and philosophy with you (even if you support Sarah Palin). You know a lot about most things. I am constantly impressed.

You are confident. Or at least you are good at acting like you are, even when you are put on the spot. Confidence is extremely attractive to me.

You have good taste. Music, clothes, whatever it is, you have the best taste in everything. (I suppose this might just mean that our taste is similar)

You dream big. No commendable achievement came as a result of dreaming small. Knowing you, I am confident that you will mek at least some of those dreams a reality.

You are sensible. You dream big, but you act sensibly, for the most part. You think things through. You are aware, you pay attention to detail, and you know a lot about the world. Best of all, you think realistically. I trust your judgment, and I really admire you for this.

You are fun. You always make me laugh. I love your dancing and your singing... especially in combination. You keep me entertained. I have fun just talking on the phone with you, and I don't typically love long phone conversations. I love being in your company more than anything else.

You are good with people. This includes children- you are very good with children. I have had lots of opportunity to witness this. I know you will be a great father one day.

I really respect what you are doing as career. Your job is difficult, important, and very much under appreciated. Your schedule is obscene. But your actions tell me that you take it seriously and you do a good job.


When I first met you, I was blown away. You were all I was looking for and could not find. And you know what? You still are. I still can't believe my good fortune. Do I really get to keep you forever?

I know you have a lot on your mind right now, but I know you will make good decisions.


Yours Forever,
Kim

"And how can I stand here with you
and not be moved by you?"

No comments: